'The most important shot in golf is the next one'
That's a quote form the late Ben Hogan and is one I firmly believe in.
It also applies to the young players coming into the club. The most important member of the club could be the next one. Who would like to be able to brag that you helped one of our Juniors become the next Tiger Woods or Jack Nicklaus? Well now's your chance to help them make it a reality.
If you have children, grand children or friends with children who are interested in golf we would like you to encourage them to come along to Pumpherston, its one of the best courses in West Lothian.
Life is good when you are golfing.
* The emphasis at Pumpherston Golf Club is based on games of learning , with particular emphasis on having fun. It is all about skill acquisition through being set challenges, rather than merely being taught what to do.
* Juniors are separated into three sections - beginner, intermediate and advances - based on ability rather than age or sex, meaning that they learn alongside players with similar level of skill and there are no boundaries put in the way of the most talented.
* Competitions are run throughout the year, there is regular individual and group coaching enabling all levels to progress and learn the building blocks of sound technique, understanding of the rules and appreciation of others through course etiquette that is required for a lifetime of good golf.
* The group has its own junior convener and additional member support from across all sections. Success breeds success and the club is confident that since creating a development pathway, the future looks good for our up-and-coming golfers, who are the lifeblood of our sport.
* The design of the course incorporated the needs of junior members from the onset, creating a junior lounge within the clubhouse and developing a junior practice area complete with pitching and bunker facilities and a putting green.
All adults involved with juniors at Pumpherston Golf Club have undergone Disclosure. Any form of bullying will be dealt with severely. Racist or sexist remarks will not be tolerated.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
As a junior member of Pumpherston Golf Club you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct.
Help create and maintain an environment free of fear and harassment.
Demonstrate fair play and apply golf’s standards both on and off the course.
Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.
Respect physical, cultural and racial difference.
Tell someone in authority if you are leaving a venue or competition.
Treat organisers, coaches and golf club members with respect.
You should not take part in any irresponsible, abusive, inappropriate or illegal behaviour which includes:
Consuming alcohol or illegal or performance-enhancing drugs or stimulants.
Using foul language.
Publicly using critical or disrespectful descriptions of others.
Violations of the Code of Conduct will be dealt with by the committee.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS / CARERS
As a parent/carer of a junior member of Pumpherston Golf Club you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct. You should:
Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
Discourage unfair play and arguing with club staff/officials.
Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
Never force your child to take part in sport.
Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
Use correct and proper language at all times.
Never use threatening or abusive behaviour towards children, officials, coaches or other parents.
Always notify the Junior Convener or Club Professional that you will not be attending or going to be late for a coaching session/competition